Friday, September 27, 2013

I've got blisters on my fingers!

Well, the title of this post is sort of a lie. The blisters aren't actually on my fingers. They're on my palm. And they're not even from anything cool like jamming out on the drums or guitar. They're from mowing. Yep, that's all the better I can do.

When the weather's nice (as in not a million degrees), I don't mind mowing all that much. But my hands do mind apparently. It began when I mowed my lawn a few days ago, after which I had just one sole blister on my palm. Then a couple days later I mowed the lawn of one of my elderly neighbors, and I realized that I had at that point accumulated a total of two blisters. Today I mowed the lawn of yet another elderly neighbor, and now my blisters have blisters.

Sadly, this is nothing new. I have a history of gathering blisters on my hands when mowing. Believe it or not, I do wear bandages and gloves to protect against the mower handle giving me blisters. But, a lot of good those do me. And I've tried using different mowers, to see if there are any mowers out there that I might get along with. But, alas, it would seem no mower particularly likes me.

Oh well. At least the lawn looks nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment