Saturday, September 14, 2013

Dog Days Are Over

I'm fairly certain that talking about the weather is considered a conversational no-no. Too bad, though, because that's what I'm about to do. So if that's a turn off for you, you've been forewarned.

Let me begin by saying that autumn and winter are my favorite seasons. I am not a fan of warm weather (a sentiment for which I often find myself in the minority). So, the recent temperatures of nearly 100 degrees here where I am were just a bit much for me. But today it was as if autumn arrived. It was a beautiful day, with a blue sky and sunshine, and temperatures barely breaking 70 degrees. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time outdoors today, and I'll do the same tomorrow (assuming that the meteorologists have managed to accurately forecast tomorrow's weather).

One of my favorite things about autumn is Halloween. I love the creep factor of Halloween-time, all of the eerie decorations, the jack-o'-lanterns, the horror movies, and of course the candy. Halloween is my second favorite holiday. For the record, Christmas is my first favorite holiday, which of course takes place in my other favorite season, winter. But I'll wait until closer to those holidays to further expand on them. Until then, I'll just continue to get myself psyched up for their impending arrivals.

So, the point I'm making is that the dog days of summer seem to be over, and for the most part that truly gladdens me. Sure, it is a bit depressing when the days get shorter, when I get home from work and it's already dark outside. And sometimes it is difficult to fully enjoy the outdoors when cold air chills you to the bone. But, in all honesty, I'm ready for the colors of fall, and thereafter the snowfalls of winter. So bring it on, Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment