Thursday, October 3, 2013

Wanted Dead or Alive: Sock Gremlin

Alas. The Sock Gremlin strikes again.

Lately I've been having trouble finding matching socks. Yes, I know, in the grand scheme of things this is such a trivial issue about which to complain. But, as of late this has been a real problem for me. The other morning I could not find a pair of matching socks to save my life. There I was, rifling through a basket full of clean laundry, and I came up with fifteen lonesome socks that had no matches to be found. Fifteen! I didn't even know I had that many pairs of socks, let alone that many rogue socks so boldly disobeying the buddy system. What's more, I still haven't managed to find the companions to any of those fifteen socks.

That all got me thinking (which is a scary prospect in itself, but that's beside the point). I know I'm not the only person with this issue of disappearing socks. It's an age-old problem, it would seem. So who's the culprit? There seriously has to be a Sock Gremlin running around here somewhere. I can just picture him, pitter-pattering around on stealthy little gremlin feet, laughing maniacally in some cutesie high-pitched voice, stowing away with my socks.

So, I'm putting out an all-points bulletin. Wanted dead or alive: Sock Gremlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment