Thursday, October 24, 2013

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

What's the date? Oh, that's right, October 24. So, is it weird that it snowed today? Maybe a little. It's not wholly unheard of for it to snow in October here where I live, but it's certainly not overly common. It also snowed a bit on Tuesday. Now, it didn't amount to much at all. It did not accumulate either time. The sky was just sort of spitting snowflakes.

Here's the thing. I like snow. I really do. As I've said before, alongside autumn, winter is one of my favorite seasons. And the snowfall that comes with it is beautiful, beautiful in that enchanting sort of way. (Yes, it's cold, but it's still beautiful.) But, I usually prefer to at least make it past Halloween before I see the first snowflakes. One reason for this is that the threat of frigid temperatures and snowfall can really diminish the number of trick-or-treaters on Halloween. And I really like handing out candy (and eating it, of course). So I hope the snow holds off for Halloween. Thereafter, I'd be happy to see the ground blanketed with snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment